It was a pleasure to put this quilt together. It was made for my cousin's son.
Personally, I loved the colours of the trimmings. It was an unintentional colour scheme that resulted from grabbing all my novelty fabric and taking out anything that screamed GIRL. I still kept fabrics that were gender neutral, but it turned out a lot more "boy-ish" than originally planned.
It was so much fun thinking of all the fabrics I could find for the little boy in mind. Lions, tigers, bears OH MY!
The quilt was a simple design, not too busy as the boy is only 8months old and will be growing with this quilt.
I used embroidery floss to blanket stitch the binding.
I just loved the backing fabric. It was its own I Spy and the colours were perfect!
I can't wait to see all the photos of him playing with and using the quilt.
If you would like to know any of the fabrics I used, just ask :)