Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Briar Rose Triangle Quit



Hello again!
Today I thought I would show you one of my recent finishes.


I have been wanting to make an equilateral triangle quilt for well over a year and when Heather Ross' Briar Rose fabric came out last year, I bought it straight away with the plan of a triangle quilt all excitedly figured out in my mind.


I didn't actually get to play with my fabric for a good 9 months, however, I didn't have an equilateral triangle template until 3-4months later. My parents gave the Hex N More template by Jaybird Quilts for christmas and so I guess it was good that I didn't get to the fabric for so long.....


The construction isn't any more difficult than piecing squares. You just stick the two pieces on top of each other and sew the ¼" seam and when you get to sewing the rows together, it all handles itself. There's no Y seams or any fanciness.


An equilateral triangle quilt is an easy quilt for those who are beginning or are wanting to try something new but within the comfort of the sewing of a beginner's skills.


With the quilting, I just did my usual seam mirroring. This time it was in the ditch and ½' either side. I absolutely love how the interactions turned out!


I backed it and bound it with the same (and my favourite from the collection) clover and grasshopper fabric.


Personally, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I hope you all like it too - and that it shows you how easy it is make one yourself and how striking they can look.

The quilt is now SOLD.

Until next time,
Caroline.

1 comment: